The Adolescent Post-Acute Brain Injury Program is available to patients ages 14-17 years old and can address the developmental and emotional needs of a younger patient population.
Inpatient Program Services Include:
- Interdisciplinary team specializes in the treatment of neurological conditions, especially traumatic brain injury.
- Treatment plan involves family and friends, including monthly treatment meetings with family or caregiver
- Semi-private suites with private bedroom
- Education and training in self-care, problem- solving, self-esteem, self-advocacy, drug and alcohol awareness, and sexuality.
- Our on-site neuropsychologists, experienced with child psychology,and educational specialists conduct comprehensive evaluations
- On-Campus Educational Program
- Home and family environment
- Individual 1:1 therapies (physical, occupational, speech, vision, aquatic and recreational
Adolescent Group Therapy, Activities and Outings:
Tejas offers the following groups, outings and activities that are focused on social and emotional development.
- Balance • Mobility & Transfer • Aquatics • Gardening • Arts and Crafts • Cooking Group • Yoga • Nutrition Group • Speech Language and Communication Needs • Cognitive Group • Recreational Therapy • Games, Leisure and Community Reentry Group • TBI Support Group • Caregiver Training/Support • Vocational Skills • Lunch Bunch Community Outing
On-Campus Educational Program at The University of Texas Charter School
The On-Campus Educational Program is provided by The University of Texas through its University Charter School System. The program is located on the Texas NeuroRehab Center Campus steps from the residential building where adolescent patients reside and complete their therapeutic activities.